Everything about WhatsApp Business API for improved customer communications and relationship
In this article:
WhatsApp is the world’s largest messaging platform and has more than 2 billion monthly active users. This messaging platform is being leveraged by multiple industries across the world now. Why has WhatsApp Business API (WABA API) become a go-to solution? To put it simply, it allows conversational messaging to take the forefront allowing businesses like yours to:
- Build trust among customers and improve brand loyalty
- Communicate in real-time with customers while providing personalized support
- Establish a secure platform that facilitates communication between businesses and customers
Let us look at how industries find WABA API useful.
Generate leads for your ecommerce brand by using WhatsApp chatbot
No matter whether you run an ecommerce brand, a typical brick-and-mortar store, or provide options for both in-store and online purchases, as a retailer, you are likely to encounter several recurring questions from prospective and even current customers throughout the day. Answering the same questions repeatedly can become too monotonous and time-consuming for your support staff. It will be much easier for you to automate the process of getting such questions answered through WhatsApp business messages, thereby not only reducing the pressure on your support staff, but also optimizing the customer experience. Business API of WhatsApp can make things a lot simpler for the customer contact center of any retail business.
WhatsApp chatbot is used by ecommerce brands in their customer service tasks, and it often plays a role in converting leads into paying customers.
By leveraging WhatsApp Business API, you can directly communicate with the customers, either through template messages initiated by your brand after receiving the opt-in or through session messages initiated by your customers. Retail businesses may also make use of WhatsApp API to share extra information and insights with customers, to elevate their engagement rates and cut down the workload of your support center.
The most common WhatsApp template message use cases for a retail brand would be:
- Relevant offers and deals
- Product back-in-stock reminders
- Relevant new products introductions
- Product recommendations based on recent purchases
- Cart abandonment reminders for products
- Support your retail marketing functions
Message templates are pre-approved messages that allow for both inbound and outbound communication with customers.
Support your retail marketing functions with WhatsApp Business API
- On-site chat: WhatsApp chatbot integration can boost your marketing and customer support tactics. Rather than having an on-site assistance bot on the corner of your website, you can opt to create a WhatsApp chat bubble or button to invite website visitors to engage with you. You may also create a chatbot within your WhatsApp channel to aid shoppers throughout their purchase journey.
- Notification opt-ins: For sending notifications through WhatsApp, you will need a valid opt-in. You can send diverse types of notifications, right from cart-abandoned to back-in-stock messages, after the opt-in is received.
- Click-to-WhatsApp Ads: Using click-to-WhatsApp approach on your paid campaigns can be a great way to drive traffic to your channel. As a prospect clicks on any of your ads on social media, they will be invited to a WhatsApp conversation, rather than your landing page.
Developing stronger customer relationships through personalized communications on WhatsApp can help your retail brand to reap a lot of profits.
Use of WhatsApp Business API in the education sector
Marketing efforts for educational institutions across the world are getting more competitive with every passing day. While new institutions keep cropping up, schools, colleges and universities also face the hassle of having to target an entirely new set of students and parents every year.
Most students and parents today research educational institutions online prior to getting enrolled into one. Hence, most of them already have a robust web presence. So how can your institution stand out? The answer lies in WhatsApp. This popular messaging app is now used extensively in India, and with WhatsApp Business API you can get a communication channel like no other for your educational institute.
Here are a few popular use cases of WhatsApp API in the education sector:
- Create new leads: The web is flooded with marketing content related to educational institutions, and students and parents often yearn for a more personalized connection that helps them to make an informed decision. You can redirect your website visitors to WhatsApp and allow them to engage in direct two-way conversations. This will help in sharing information directly relevant to a lead, such as details of a specific course or program.
- Carry out engagement campaigns: Even if potential candidates have not converted yet, you should not give up on them till the application deadline. WhatsApp messages can be effectively used to pique the interest of the customers by sharing regular news, announcements, notifications, and updates. This will allow you to re-engage the prospects in an efficient manner.
- Offer instant replies: WhatsApp chatbot integration helps in providing instant replies to any queries students or their parents may have, no matter the time. Chatbots can be helpful for institutions that attract international students, who are likely to engage after your typical business hours.