Voice & Instant message iOS SDK¶
See how our platform is evolving. Keep track of new features, API versions and bug fixes.
2017/12/20 | SINCH SDK IOS 3.12.3
- Improved sample apps
2017/11/22 | SINCH SDK IOS 3.12.2
- Improved Wifi/Cellular handover for App calling
2017/10/27 | SINCH SDK IOS 3.12.1
- Minor bug fixes with regard to CallKit support
2017/10/20 | SINCH SDK IOS 3.12.0
- Added support for CallKit integration (voice call only).
- Added support for accessing the raw video frame of local video stream: developers can now for example apply filter on local video stream and send it to remote, or save screenshots of the local video stream.
- Fixed IPv6 compatibility issue.
- Minor fixes in Sample Apps.
2017/03/10 | SINCH SDK IOS 3.11.0
- Video Calling General Availability Release:
- Added support for pausing and resuming video stream.
- Added support for accessing the raw video frame of remote video stream.
- Resolved potential error `duplicate symbol
- OBJC_CLASS$_GTMStringEncoding` when using the Sinch SDK together with other third-party libraries that make use of GTMStringEncoding.
2017/01/30 | SINCH SDK IOS 3.10.1
- Bug fixes
2017/01/24 | SINCH SDK IOS 3.10.0
- General improvement
2016/11/14 | SINCH SDK IOS 3.9.8
- IPv6 compatibility.
- General improvement and minor bug fixes.
2016/09/30 | SINCH SDK IOS 3.9.7
- Video calling bug fixes.
2016/08/04 | Sinch SDK iOS 3.9.6
- iOS 10 compatibility.
- Deprecated -[SINClient setSupportActiveConnectionInBackground:] for iOS 10. See the new section ‘Deprecated features and APIs’ in User Guide for details on this deprecation.
2016/08/04 | Sinch SDK iOS 3.9.5
- Fix -[SINMessage timestamp] to return server-side timestamp for a id passed to -[SINMessageClientDelegate messageSent:recipientId:]
- Dropped support for i386 iOS Simulator. Please use x86_64 iOS Simulator.
2016/05/11 | Sinch SDK iOS 3.9.4
- Upgrade BoringSSL to revision c880e42ba1c8032d4cdde2aba0541d8a9d9fa2e9. This revision includes fixes for described in https://www.openssl.org/news/secadv/20160503.txt
2016/03/09 | Sinch SDK iOS 3.9.3
- Fix linker issues when using the SDK via CocoaPods.
2016/03/04 | Sinch SDK iOS 3.9.2
- Support for LLVM bitcode.
2016/01/27 | Sinch SDK iOS 3.9.1
- SIP errors reporting.
2015/09/25 | Sinch SDK iOS 3.7.1
- Removed armv7s slice in framework/library binary
- Fixed the macro SINAPSEnvironmentAutomatic to consider both DEBUG and NDEBUG. This should make it work with Xcode projects that are created with the default build setting DEBUG=1 defined for the Debug build configuration.
- Updated to comply with iOS 9 App Transport Security defaults. See the following link for details: https://developer.apple.com/library/prerelease/ios/technotes/App-Transport-Security-Technote/
- Sample app updates for Xcode 7 and iOS 9.
- Introduced Sinch conference calling.
2015/07/08 | Sinch SDK iOS 3.5.2
- Adaptive bitrate support for OPUS codec in app-to-app calls.
2015/06/01 | Sinch SDK iOS 3.5.1
- Use UIApplication background task when requesting push device token to increase robustness of aquiring device token when application is launched into background mode (e.g. after device reboot, or after a crash). Note that is only used when using VoIP push notifications (PushKit). (The background task is started upon -[SINManagedPush setDesiredPushTypeAutomatically] or -[SINManagedPush setDesiredPushType:], and it’s ended upon receiving a device token from PKPushRegistry).
2015/04/10 | Sinch SDK iOS 3.5.0
New fully integrated support for remote push notifications:
- Push notifications sent by the Sinch cloud platform (provided that you upload Apple Push Certificates to the Sinch Dashboard).
- Support for both regular remote push notifications and VoIP-push notifications (available since iOS 8).
- New protocol SINManagedPush used as entry point for managing push notifications.
- New push notification methods on SINClient: -[SINClient enableManagedPushNotifications:] -[SINClient relayRemotePushNotification:] -[SINClient registerPushNotificationDeviceToken:type:apsEnvironment:]
- New sample apps that shows how to use the new push notification functionality.
- New NSNotifications available (as a complement to SINClientDelegate): SINClientDidStartNotification SINClientDidFailNotification SINClientWillTerminateNotification
- relayRemotePushNotification and relayRemotePushNotificationPayload will now correctly start the client when the payload is for an IM.
2015/02/23 | Sinch SDK iOS 3.4.2
- Fix so that SINClient does not throw exception if -[UIApplication setKeepAliveTimeout:handler] returns NO. SINClient will now instead emit a log message with severity SINLogSeverityCritical.
2015/02/09 | Sinch SDK iOS 3.4.1
- Support for x86_64 architecture (iOS 64-bit Simulator)
2015/01/29 | Sinch SDK iOS 3.4.0
- Support for arm64 architecture
- Support for OPUS codec for app-to-app calls
2014/12/05 | Sinch SDK iOS 3.3.2
- Added support for -[UILocalNotification category] (iOS 8)
2014/12/03 | Sinch SDK iOS 3.3.1
- Improved internal call reporting.
2014/11/21 | Sinch SDK iOS 3.3.0
- Added support for call headers for app-to-app calls. See -[SINCall headers] and -[SINCallClient callUserWithId:headers:]
2014/11/13 | Sinch SDK iOS 3.2.9
- Fixed a regression in reporting SINCallEndCauseNoAnswer even if the call has been cancelled by the caller. It will now report the expected SINCallEndCauseCanceled in this case.
2014/10/27 | Sinch SDK iOS 3.2.8
- Improvements to scenario where caller hangs up a call before certain internal REST API requests has completed, but the requests completes later during the graceful termination period.
2014/10/24 | Sinch SDK iOS 3.2.7
- Fixed issue with user notification permission on iOS 8.
- Added new method -[SINClient terminateGracefully]
2014/10/17 | Sinch SDK iOS 3.2.6
- Fixed issue causing long call setup time when using certain codecs.
2014/10/10 | Sinch SDK iOS 3.2.5
- Additional improvements for scenarios in which the caller cancels a call before the call is answered.
2014/10/09 | Sinch SDK iOS 3.2.4
- Improvements of disposal of Sinch SDK internals if a consumer of the Sinch SDK would accidently keep reference counts on a SINMessageClient even after a -[SINClient terminate] has been called. IMPORTANT: Do note that is not in any way recommended to keep references to e.g. a SINMessageClient or a SINCallClient after the parent SINClient has been terminated.
- Fixed issue if caller hung up call quickly and before the callee answer, the callee would not receive the event that the call actually ended.
2014/10/03 | Sinch SDK iOS 3.2.3
- Improvements in handling unstable network connection when initiating a call.
- Fixed order of instant messages received as history.
2014/09/19 | Sinch SDK iOS 3.2.1
- Improvements in handling unstable network connection when initiating a call.
2014/09/04 | Sinch SDK iOS 3.2.0
- Added persistence mechanism. Instant messages are now persisted internally in the SDK and retried automatically for 12 hours before failing.
2014/08/05 | Sinch SDK iOS 3.1.5
- Bugfix: Incoming calls will from now on never have state SINCallStateProgressing. Previously, incoming calls could either be in SINCallStateInitiating or SINCallStateProgressing just after -[SINCallClientDelgate client:didReceiveIncomingCall:]. Now, the call will initially be in SINCallStateInitiating, until transitioning to SINCallStateEstablished or SINCallStateEnded.
- Fixed crash when attempting to send DTMF during call setup.
- Internal improvements for Call headers.
2014/07/11 | Sinch SDK iOS 3.1.3
- Fixed crash that could occur under bad network conditions
- Internal improvements: Reducing number of signaling messages sent when initiating a voice call.
- Improvements for Swift compatibility: use NS_ENUM when declaring enums, e.g. SINCallState, SINCallEndCause etc.
2014/06/12 | Sinch SDK iOS 3.1
- [SINClient stop] has been deprecated and replaced by -[SINClient terminate]. As part of this change, the SINClient is invalidated after -[SINClient terminate] has been called and cannot be restarted.
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
2014/05/14 | Sinch SDK iOS 3.0
Public release of the iOS SDK with:
- Improved sample applications and documentation
- Refactored calling and messaging API
2014/05/02 | Sinch SDK iOS 3.0 BETA
First public beta version of the Sinch SDK for iOS with support for:
- App to app calling
- App to phone calling
- Instant messaging to single and multiple recipient